The friendliest pregnancy and parenting community online!
Updated August 14, 2014
Join StorkNet for a month-long celebration of breastfeeding! The first week in August has been declared World Breastfeeding Week by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action. At StorkNet, we're contributing by celebrating the whole month of August. Click here for a breastfeeding tip of the day and to check out our wealth of articles in our breastfeeding directory. You will be amazed at the wealth of breastfeeding information we have available for you. We also have breastfeeding information in several other areas of StorkNet which are listed below:
In honor of WBW, visit these breastfeeding related articles in our attachment parenting cubby:
• Co-sleeping and breastfeeding by StorkNet Members
• Still waking to feed? by StorkNet Members
Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding
What can you do to jumpstart things when you're ready to TTC again but still breastfeeding? Midwife Cynthia Flynn responds.
Visit these breastfeeding related articles in our cesarean birth cubby:
• Breastfeeding After a C-Section
• Tips for Breastfeeding After a C-Section
Breastfeeding and Childbirth
Before you even start breastfeeding, you can be setting the foundation for success by learning as much as you can. The more prepared you are, the better your chances of having a successful breastfeeding partnership with your baby. Start your education with this helpful article.
Crafts for Kids Project of the Month ~ Kid's Activities Basket
Do you know a mom-to-be who is planning to breastfeed her baby, but has an older child that will need her time and attention, too? Ask your child to help you put together this activities basket for her older son or daughter. It will help keep her other little one busy and happy when she's got her hands full. It makes a great big brother or sister gift!
Visit these breastfeeding related articles in our multiples cubby:
• Breastfeeding Twins
• What is breastfeeding twins like?
• Breastfeeding Books
• Should I breastfeed, bottle feed or a combination of both?
• Should I feed the babies at the same time?
• Do I need to follow a special diet to breastfeed multiples?
Breastfeeding and Fertility
Reproductive endocrinologist Samuel Thatcher, MD answers questions regarding breastfeeding and fertility.
Nursing During Pregnancy
The mother who is deciding whether to continue nursing during her pregnancy has several factors to consider. Learn more from Anne Smith, IBCLC
Visit these articles related to breastfeeding and the working mother:
• Breastfeeding, Pumping and The Working Mom
• hedra's advanced course in 'pumping more'
TLC for Moms August Calendar
Check out our Tender Loving Care for Moms calendar with a tip for each day of the month. We'll help you give Tender Loving Care to yourself, your family, your home, your friends, and your marriage.
Pregnancy Journals - Interested?
We need more pregnancy journalists! Interested in writing a journal with us? Review the instructions and let us know!
Join StorkNet's playgroup on Facebook!
StorkNet has a new group on Facebook where you can connect with other parents and parents-to-be. Share, laugh, whine, and play in compassionate community.
High Temps Make for Hot Mamas
How does a pregnant woman stay cool in the heat of the summer? Here are some great keep-cool tips for pregnant women from Penny Simkin and The Simple Guide to Having a Baby.
• August's Games for Kids
• Dollar Stretcher Tips for August 14, 2014
• Check Out Your Daily Horoscopes on StorkNet
• Share your baby's first and middle name in our fave picks!
• Birth Stories ~ Submit your story!
• What Is Normal in Pregnancy?
• Increasing Odds for a Healthy Pregnancy
Interested in writing a journal with us? Review the instructions and let us know!
• Emily's Pregnancy Journal ~ Read her birth story!!
• Terra's Pregnancy Journal ~ Week 32
• Candice's Pregnancy Journal ~ Week 14
• Rhoda's Pregnancy Journal ~ Week 12
• Kristina's Pregnancy Journal ~ Waiting for birth story
Trying to Conceive:
• Updated August 8 Rebecca's TTC Journal ~ Root of the Cause?
• Danielle's Parenting Journal ~ Finally Settled
• Jennifer's Parenting Journal ~ "Finally" Sums It All Up
• Kelly's Parenting Journal ~ Vacation
• Updated August 5 Kristen's Parenting Journal ~ Ready for Kindergarten?
• Stacy's Parenting Journal ~ Happy Summer!
• Tara's Working Mom's Journal ~ Spring . . . Finally!